We deliver value to our clients by providing preventive and corrective counseling through specialized, customized, and groundbreaking legal services on corporate labor law and related matters.
To be the leading law firm in corporate labor law and related matters in Central America, Panama, and Dominican Republic by 2025, with a profitable operation through the implementation of state-of-the-art and effective standardized procedures.
At BDS we are committed to becoming a strategic partner for our clients, providing groundbreaking, customized, timely, and high-quality legal services on corporate labor law and related matters. To accomplish this, we have a highly-qualified team of professionals as well as a quality assurance system in place which is continually improved to ensure compliance with our applicable service requirements.
Founded in 1997, BDS Asesores is the leading Firm of Lawyers specialized in Labor Law in Central America, Panama and Dominican Republic, certified ISO 9001:2008 and recognized with the Great Place to Work® certification obtained by the company’s headquarters in Costa Rica.
Our team is composed of lawyers who specialize in providing preventive and corrective counsel of individual and collective labor conflicts of multiple organizations, local and multinational companies.
Currently, we have opened offices in Costa Rica, El Salvador, Panama, Dominican Republic, Honduras, Guatemala and Nicaragua. We maintain specialized practices and services. This allows us to assist companies and institutions in their decision-making process in Private and Public Labor and Employment Law, Litigation, Immigration, Human Resources and Payroll Administration, with an integral service in mind.
Effective October 1, 2013, BDS Asesores has combined with U.S.-based law firm Littler Mendelson, P.C. (Littler), the world’s largest labor and employment firm representing management, to serve multinational clients seeking labor and employment solutions throughout the United States and Latin America.
This move further solidifies the firm’s position as the premier provider of labor and employment legal services in Costa Rica and throughout the region. BDS Asesores will join with Littler in an integrated worldwide strategy under the name Littler Global, aligning their successful practices into seamless client service across national borders.
BDS Asesores’ headquarters in Costa Rica obtained the ISO Certification 9001:2008 in June 2010. Ever since, and because of this, we have committed to develop improved working mechanisms in order to encourage efficiency and quality of our services.
The aforementioned certification shows we have internal procedures in place that ensure consistent improvement and certainty for our clients, for which we work on an daily basis in order to meet their expectations, and thus that their trust in BDS will have an important return value for their businesses.
- It creates awareness, among the organization’s staff, of the importance of quality as the basis for the company’s competitiveness.
- A greater orientation in the understanding and fulfillment of the contractual requirements of the client, increasing their satisfaction and confidence.
- Order, standardization and control of internal processes, generating consistency in the performance of services and increasing productivity.
- It generates a sturdy documentary basis allowing for the definition of policies, functions and controls that guarantee the proper execution of company activities.
- Competitive advantage, differentiated services in the market, better image before potential clients.
- Continuous improvement oriented system, capable of learning from past lessons to improve current company services and processes, increasing the ability to create value.
- It supports the organization’s planning of strategy, plans and objectives.
- It drives the training of the staff in critical functions in the execution of services.